Your attorney will most likely look for a divorce financial planner:
- with top–rate negotiation skills
- with experience working with divorce laws
- with the ability to translate legal jargon and how it affects your long–term financial well–being
- who provides FEE–ONLY investment management services
- who allows your attorney to practice law without interference
You will walk away from Sigman Financial Fitness® with a settlement that is equitably fair, a vision of your financial future as a single person, the tools to move forward in a productive manner, and the ability to take care of your long–term financial needs without fear or anxiety.
For information on specific issues Sigman Financial Fitness® addresses during divorce financial planning, please read my article: Financial Mistakes to Avoid in a Divorce Settlement
The Certified Financial Planner™ designation conveys legitimacy, credibility, knowledge of the industry and commitment to continuing education. A Certified Financial Planner™ practitioner candidate works hard to earn this distinction — the 2 day test is grueling, and over half do not pass on the first attempt. The CFP® certification qualifies planners to counsel clients in the areas of insurance planning and risk management, employee benefits, investment planning, income tax planning, retirement planning and estate planning.
Time is our friend. The more of it we can commit to planning for the future, the greater the probability of achieving our goals. Typical life scenarios that bring clients to Sigman Financial Fitness® are:
- The Ahh Hah Moment: You realize that your financial position needs to be improved but you’re not sure where to start.
- Too Many Choices, Not Enough Time: You accept that there are simply not enough hours in a day to evaluate thousands of financial products and services, an increasingly complex decision making process.
- The Wake Up Call: You experience a major life event such as kids entering college, loss of job, marriage, divorce, a windfall inheritance or death of a family member.